What color are these silkies?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Liexicof15, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Liexicof15

Liexicof15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Tampa
    is this one grey?
    [​IMG]

Is this a white with black tail? or a splash?
    [​IMG]

This is a blue hen with red barring. Is there a name for that? Or just a mixed color silkie?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

2. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    All three are mixed color Silkies. Some interesting colors. I have some like the second and third ones. I hate to tell you but all three are roosters.

3. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    I agree, none of them are a recognized color, all mixed, and all roosters.

4. Liexicof15

Liexicof15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Tampa
    I knew the first 2 were roosters. But the last one I'm still leaning towards hen. She is very fat and squatty like my others hens in there. Not taller and lean like the other roos. I guess we'll see. Thanks!

5. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    Quote:That's surprising: my partridge silkie looks JUST like number two in the face but she started squatting for me on Wed. and laid her first egg on Thursday...I know it was her because she was in a coop with just her and some 2 month old chicks. Is there specific feathering with silkies that I am somehow not seeing?

OP: I don't know what color your birds would classify as except "beautiful!"

[​IMG]

6. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    The last one looks almost like a blue partridge, but I am not a silkie expert by any means. Cute!

7. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    ditto

8. The Lisser

The Lisser Chillin' With My Peeps

I think the second one is columbian - or at least partly so (if you do a search on BYC you might find the thread for Columbian Silkies).

9. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    Quote:Well, I can guarantee you the last one is a rooster. It clearly has streamers in the last picture and only males will get the red in the wing bow area...most females do not. At least I have never seen any.

10. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    The tell-tale sign on these three is the presence of streamers in the crest. The last bird has a lot of them. I think he will be a beautiful rooster. One reason he seems more feminine than the other two is he is much better quality in terms of feathering and body type.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by