What color are these silkies?

Liexicof15

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 13, 2010
Tampa
is this one grey?
63072_dsc03842.jpg

Is this a white with black tail? or a splash?
63072_dsc03843.jpg

This is a blue hen with red barring. Is there a name for that? Or just a mixed color silkie?
63072_dsc03844.jpg

63072_dsc03845.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I knew the first 2 were roosters. But the last one I'm still leaning towards hen. She is very fat and squatty like my others hens in there. Not taller and lean like the other roos. I guess we'll see. Thanks!

Quote:
That's surprising: my partridge silkie looks JUST like number two in the face but she started squatting for me on Wed. and laid her first egg on Thursday...I know it was her because she was in a coop with just her and some 2 month old chicks. Is there specific feathering with silkies that I am somehow not seeing?

OP: I don't know what color your birds would classify as except "beautiful!"

clap.gif

Quote:
Well, I can guarantee you the last one is a rooster. It clearly has streamers in the last picture and only males will get the red in the wing bow area...most females do not. At least I have never seen any.

The tell-tale sign on these three is the presence of streamers in the crest. The last bird has a lot of them. I think he will be a beautiful rooster. One reason he seems more feminine than the other two is he is much better quality in terms of feathering and body type.

Back
Top Bottom