What color are we?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by silkieluvr, Nov 21, 2007.

1. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    They're now almost a day old and are almost completely fluffed up, here are some pics! [​IMG]
    Baby #1 [​IMG]
    Baby #2 [​IMG]
    Baby #3 [​IMG]
    Baby #4 [​IMG]
    #5 [​IMG]
    #6 [​IMG]
    #7 [​IMG]
    #8 [​IMG]
    #9 [​IMG]

If anyone would like to take a guess on what their colors are I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

2. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    1 and 2 look like lt. partridge or buff? Not sure
    3-5 are white
    6 is partridge and the rest are blue! SO CUTE! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  3. silkieluvr

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    They came out of blue, splash and white parents so I have noo idea how we would have gotten partridges![​IMG] So Strange!

4. aussie_chooken

aussie_chooken Out Of The Brooder

Nov 8, 2007
    1 definitely looks like our baby, who is 7 weeks old now, and she is turning out to be the palest blue/grey (you can only tell it's not white when she's up against our other white silkie), and she has splashes of buff. very pretty! so could be similar to that?

3 looks white, 4 looks like it could be that really pale blue/grey.

they are all so cute! i just love silkies!

5. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I'm no expert! I could be wrong.
    So maybe the first 2 are splash?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  6. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    1-5 are white.
    [​IMG]
    My tan chick who feathered out white.
    #5 a really dark blue that probably came out of hen who had a parent that was black. I imagine that chick will be very dark blue with brown undertones.
    And the last ones are a nice blues. [​IMG]
    They are really cute. Are they from your flock or did you buy hatching eggs?

7. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Im not sure, but I want to know how #5 feathers out. I love the dark color looks to be a partridge. Im confused?!? blue/black/splash parent stock. Maybe the black parent has some partrige in there background. [​IMG]

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

5 looks black to me. I have black chicks that look like that... mine aren't show quality birds though so that may be the reason. I think the first 4 are white too and the last three are blues or splashes, leaning towards two light blues and one dark blule. What's that on #4's head? A big vaulted skull?!?!?

9. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Yup! We had two or three vaulted skulls! #4 has one, and I think another one of the whites has one but I can't remember for sure and I can't tell from the pictures which it is, and I know one of the dark ones has a vaulted skull too... Hard to tell unless you see them in person. They are sooo cute, I had to drive back up to Alyssa's yesterday to take pictures of them fluffed up for all you lovely people XD bow down to my photographic skills!

10. silkieluvr

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    These are eggs that I bought from Dipsy Doodle Doo so I could start my own silkie flock!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by