What color are we?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by twinstar, Jul 17, 2010.

1. twinstar

twinstar Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2009
    Dawsonville, GA
    Ok, I know this is a Bantam Cochin Roo & Hen but what color are they? I am going to try and get another hen but I don't know what color they are to be trying to find one. I bought this pair at the sale around 6 months ago.
    Thank you!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. twinstar

Feb 24, 2009
    Dawsonville, GA
    Anyone to help? [​IMG]

3. SFIcelandics

SFIcelandics Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2009
    They are a "base" of blue - the red/gold/lemon is not the greatest. The hen, could be from a LEMON BLUE COCHIN breeding program(new and expensive!) as I have seen a few people hatch out lemon blue cochins that are not the blue/lemon colored in the places where they should be, and im sure the male is out of the same mating. Nice looking birds too(they have very good body quality!)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  4. aussieheelr

aussieheelr Chillin' With My Peeps

Look like lemon blues to me. very pretty! My new little blue is my favorite.

5. twinstar

Feb 24, 2009
    Dawsonville, GA
    Thank you! I am trying to figure out how I can get another hen. I have been debating about calling the sale and seeing if they will give me the seller's contact info to see if he had anymore. I have just been trying to figure out what in the world they were.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by