What color are YOUR Easter Egger's eggs?

Pics

thompsonfarm

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 12, 2011
OHIO
I am wondering what color my EEs will be laying and I wanted to see everyones pics of their EEs eggs! Post as many pics as you want! I would like to see everyones colored eggs!!! I cant wait!
smile.png

I am really hoping for some blue eggs!!!!!!
Anybody else....????
big_smile.png

Hi Thompsonfarm.... I wanted to have mine lay blue eggs---and I kept telling her. She began Feb. 15th...and she lays light pale mint green. they are really pretty---and she lays nearly daily, albeit medium sized eggs.... I think she is fabulous.

My EE's egg is on the left.

Here's an excerpt from my blog of sorts--- and if you haven't already seen the color charts, a link.
BTW good luck with getting blue eggs!

Now, about the color…what a subject! Luckily, F. Decmar for the British Araucana Club, somehow developed an Egg Colour Chart. Subsequently, it made its way to the internet along with matching color charts for Araicana Club of America and Ameraucana Club of America. The charts dropped their ‘u’ crossing the Atlantic and are now color charts.

Soooo I think that Bebe’s egg is between the C9 and C10 and dh thinks it’s C13. But since monitors, printers and printer papers all differ—and paper print outs are reflected light where computer screens are illuminated light--- its comparing apples and oranges. Never-the-less, it is nice to be able to have a firm color in your mind, and I so appreciate the work of F. Decmar and the breed clubs for codifying egg shell colors. It is just another part of the fun. Oh here is a color chart link: http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/Arau/BRKArauEgg.html

Last edited:

I get them in olive green, blue and one is kinda gray:( at first glance one looks white until you hold against a white egg. Out of 5 2 lay large, 2 lay med and 1 small! Love colored eggs!

Our 4 easter egger girls will be one year old next and have been laying for a while. We normally get 3, sometimes 4 a day (until recently).
We get one blue, and two green that are shaded differently.

We get a kick every day we pull a colored egg from the coop.

Back
Top Bottom