What color call is this?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Ragdollcatlady, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Ragdollcatlady

Ragdollcatlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    Hi all,
    I need help from call breeders. I got this pretty little baby from breeding my blue-fawn to blue-fawn. I call it a silver apricot but can't seem to find real pics of silver or apricot call ducks. Also, any guesses as to sex? I was thinking male??? I ended up with 2 grey, 2 silver apricot (I think) and 6 blue-fawn. I know the bill is a little long, I got about 3 with nice short bills and 2 are a little bigger bodied than I'd like. Thanks in advance, Kat
    [​IMG]

2. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    I think she's a Silver Apricot.
    Very Pretty! [​IMG]

3. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    I have about 8 of these from a Buff and a Pastel wasnt sure what color they were... From the Buff hens and Pastel male I got Butterscotch, Blue Fawn and these..

4. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    I think you have a pastel female here, which would be consistent with a blue fawn to blue fawn cross. You should be able to expect some pastel offspring out of those.

5. the duck whisperer

the duck whisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2011
    Ohio
    looks like one of my pastel hens. She's pretty though.

6. Ragdollcatlady

Ragdollcatlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    Ok Thanks.
    So the blueish silver with peachy is actually pastel, butterscotch girls are peachy but with white and without the blue/silver....Pastel buys have a charcoal blue head but butterscotch have a pale blue head? So does anyone have a picture of silvers or apricots? I really love the color of this little duck, I'd love to see the difference.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by