What color do we paint our coop?

maurap

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 22, 2012
We are having a coop built- do we paint it a 'safe' tan color w white trim to match our house or a 'fun' color like barnyard red? I am leaning towards red or another 'fun' color- any suggestions?

Vickilynn45

Songster
7 Years
Apr 16, 2012
Our house is a taupe color with creamy white trim and barn red shutters. I just painted the coop red to match the shutters and will use the same creamy white trim. But after that, my daughter is going to have a little fun with it- she is a junior in h.s. and quite the artist. I'll let her have free reign with it and she'll paint a fun little design on it! I wanted mine to fit in with my house, but also be it's own little piece of art.

maurap

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 22, 2012
That's a great idea! Our house is tan w cranberry colored shutters and white trim. So I think a red coop in the backyard may stick out- I love your idea...I want my coop to look 'classy' yet fun....but not be an eye-sore in our backyard- that's why I was asking for suggestions...What will your dtr paint on the sides?

Vickilynn45

Songster
7 Years
Apr 16, 2012
That's a great idea! Our house is tan w cranberry colored shutters and white trim. So I think a red coop in the backyard may stick out- I love your idea...I want my coop to look 'classy' yet fun....but not be an eye-sore in our backyard- that's why I was asking for suggestions...What will your dtr paint on the sides?
I'll just let her decide I guess lol. She says she has some ideas but nothing for sure yet so we will see!

sunnyvera

Songster
9 Years
Sep 4, 2010
NE Ohio
My coop is going to be butter yellow with brick red trim around the doors/windows and edges. It really is a great combination.

crchickens

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 9, 2011
Blue Ridge, TX
My coop is the same color as my house, a sage green. When we bought the house, almost the whole thing had been painted sage green,when they spray painted it. The front door was a cream color, and it was so boring. We painted our house front door and garage doors a nice spicy red to match our metal barn roof, and all of the trim on the coop is the same red. I love it!! I added a wooden chicken to the door, and black letters, spelling out EGGS on the side above the nesting boxes. It is adorable!!

Top Bottom