What color do you consider this rooster to be? Ameraucana?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by drdoolittle, Aug 12, 2010.

1. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Just wondering what color this roo of mine would be considered. Also, I believe he is an Ameraucana---am I correct?[​IMG] Sorry the pic. is so small, I've tried everything, and can't get them to upload any bigger![​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. drdoolittle

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Here is a picture of him that is a little better---I think![​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. possumqueen

possumqueen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Monroe, North Carolina
    Whatever the color is called, it's pretty. Can't see his head well enough to tell about comb or muffs, but his body shape isn't quite right for an ameraucana.

I saw somewhere on BYC how to upload pics so that we could just click on them and they would magnify. But I have the paws of a dinosaur so I can't tell you myself! [​IMG]

4. NewHen

NewHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Try posting on the Ameracauna thread and see what they say...

5. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Doesn't look like an Ameraucana, but maybe and Easter Egger. Hard to tell from the picture.

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    NOT an Ameraucana.

EE.

7. suzettex5

suzettex5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    California
    Pretty guy- I have no idea as to breed.

For the pic- When uploading, after you select a pic, check the box that gives you the re-size option, then choose the largest option, the one for websites and forum postings, I think. Its the last one that drops down on the list. You have to do that for every picture you upload, you have to choose a size if you dont want it small. Hope this helped with the pic thing, [​IMG]

8. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    He is a pretty roo...I think EE

9. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    From that tiny picture EE..I'm assuming he's got a beard behind the brush. Ameraucana's have a strict breed standard with only 7 colors allowed..yours isn't one of them. If you want to know more about the APA Breed Standard for a true Ameraucana their web site is www.Ameraucana.org
    EE's are a beautiful fun chicken to have in about any flock...even though we breed Ameraucana's we have some EE's here as well [​IMG]

10. drdoolittle

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    suzetteex5 wrote:
    For the pic- When uploading, after you select a pic, check the box that gives you the re-size option, then choose the largest option, the one for websites and forum postings, I think. Its the last one that drops down on the list. You have to do that for every picture you upload, you have to choose a size if you dont want it small. Hope this helped with the pic thing,

I tried that a few times-----no luck.[​IMG] I don't understand it, because the pictures turned out great on facebook.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by