What color do you say they are? We know the breed.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by floridamama, Nov 1, 2009.

1. floridamama

floridamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2009
    Polk City
    We have a young pair of chickens. We got them in with a batch of chicks at a swap unknown to us how many colors there are. I like the looks of the rooster. I just not sure what you would call him. Any ideas of What color he is or his wife to be, please tell me. Any body who have pictures of chickens that show the true colors please post away. And the same goes for ya'll that have the problem like me not to sure what color birds ya got. By the way our youngins are Phoenix.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    I think they are silver duckwing. I am not an expert so please correct me if I am wrong.

3. fancyfowl4ever

fancyfowl4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Cranbrook, BC, Canada
    Silver duckwings shouldn't have the rusty shoulders.

Doesn't look like a phoenix either, maybe a cross. The comb, wattles and over all headshape of the roo is not phoenix.

4. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Chillin' With My Peeps

They are duckwing, with silver. As said silver duckwing ought to be silver on the shoulders & be white in all silver parts.

I haven't messed with the various combinations enough to tell by sight; the colour could be silver duckwing with autosomal red(s). Or possibly the male is golden duckwing. i.e. having one of each silver & gold genes.

5. floridamama

floridamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2009
    Polk City
    Ok.[​IMG] The lady we got the chicks from works for T.S. and she got the left over chicks. Which usually means hatchery chicks. But you never now.[​IMG] I would figured they are full blooded. Thanks

6. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    Your birds have Pea comb and red earlobes .Phoenix has single comb and white earlobes.Your birds are probably American Game or mix.In Game birds they call the color Gray(it is Silver Duckwing) with Mahagony

7. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Chillin' With My Peeps

In Game birds they call the color Gray(it is Silver Duckwing) with Mahagony

I wondered about mahogany, but the hen doesn't look as if she has mahogany.​

8. tadkerson

tadkerson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    Missouri
    golden duck wing.

Tim

9. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Quote:Golden DUckwing it is. To confirm, definately not a Phoenix male.

10. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    They look like Silver Duckwings.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by