What color eggs will a Cream Legbar Hen & Golden Cuckcoo Maran Rooster have?.

Hmazza23

Hatching
Mar 10, 2019
I have Cream Legbar hens that were breed by golden Cuckoo Maran.

I also have Americauna hens bred by a Golden CixkoC Matan.

What color will the eggs be?

Boonique

Chirping
Feb 28, 2019
Western South Carolina
My Example: we bought an "Ameraucana" pullet at TSC. Mature she looks like a Welsummer hen with the fluffy Ameraucana neck. Her eggs are medium/dark brown with blue/green speckles. (I know that the breeds are different, but the principle of blue-laying hen breed and a dark (somewhat speckled) laying roo breed seems similar.) Anything is possible.

Ol Grey Mare

One egg shy of a full carton. .....
6 Years
Mar 9, 2014
Oregon
My Coop
My Example: we bought an "Ameraucana" pullet at TSC. Mature she looks like a Welsummer hen with the fluffy Ameraucana neck. Her eggs are medium/dark brown with blue/green speckles. (I know that the breeds are different, but the principle of blue-laying hen breed and a dark (somewhat speckled) laying roo breed seems similar.) Anything is possible.
The egg that you have shown here is simply a Brown egg with patchy application of either pigment or Bloom, not an egg that is Brown with blue green speckles.

Frazzemrat1

Free Ranging
May 8, 2017
Eastern Connecticut
That's why you dont' trust TSC as selling ameraucana. They usually have them spelled with the 'I' in the middle: Americana... and they're all easter eggers.

Top Bottom