1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What color eggs?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by StarLover21, Nov 28, 2011.

1. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    If I crossed a Salmon Faverolle roo with a Easter Egger hen, what color eggs would they lay (saying the EE layed blue/green eggs)

If I crossed a EE roo with a SF hen, what color eggs would they lay? Same as above?

Thanks!

2. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    Would most likely just be green or brown(mostly ones with single comb). Doesn't matter roo over hen breed. Brown is dominate over blue eggs, that's how you get green (light brown over blue). Blue is dominate over white, just FYI.

You have to breed them to a dark brown egg breed to get olive eggs, or breed to a white egg breed for pale green/blue eggs

3. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    Is green dominite over white, too?

4. farmerChef

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    Green is a mix of brown and blue

5. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:
    or brown(mostly ones with single comb)

They shouldn't be laying brown eggs, Faverolle lay a White Egg so they should be light Blue or Green if the EE lays a green/Blue egg.

Blue X Blue = Blue
    Blue X White (eg, Leghorn) = Blue
    Blue X Brown (eg, RIR) = Green
    Blue X Dark Brown (eg, Maran) = Olive Brown

Chris​

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  6. farmerChef

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    Faverolles lay light brown eggs

7. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    They lay a tinted egg. It's much paler than a brown egg, like a creamy color. I have one from a hatchery now that lays a brown egg, but her coloring is really wrong and I think she's a mutt. All my others have always laid a pale egg. So, you probably wouldn't see much of a difference in egg color, compared to what the EE was laying or carrying for egg color.

8. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:Most Faverolles will lay a tinted egg to dirty white, either why the offspring of the cross should still lay a green/blue egg.

Chris

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by