What color eyes for La Fleche?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by luvmychicknkids, Apr 1, 2009.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I currently have 5 (hatchery stock) La Fleche. Though I absolutely adore the ones I have, I would eventually like to get some higher quality, showable birds. One thing I am wondering and can't seem to find out is the proper eye color? I am amazed at the variation in the ones I have. They range from a dark honey, to a medium reddish brown, to one who actually has black eyes...she looks quite striking I might add. So, I was just wondering if someone could tell me what they are SUPPOSED to have. [​IMG]

2. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Chillin' With My Peeps

I think you'll find it's "bright red or black." [​IMG]

3. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thank you. Hmmm......cool!!! Then that means at least one of my babies has the right eye color. I am really pretty surprised at how well they actually fit the type considering they are hatchery birds. The black eyes really look amazing.....I am assuming my husband (he is who these guys actually belong to) would think bright red would be much cooler for his devil birds!!! LOL

4. Clayton Grace

Clayton Grace Cooped Up

Feb 20, 2009
    Hi
    The Standard calls for the eyes to be bright red.

Clayton Grace

5. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Chillin' With My Peeps

Bright red in US standards?

Sorry I misinformed you for your country's standards....I'd looked in British standards.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by