What color for the coop??

Nevaschickens

Songster
6 Years
Apr 7, 2013
Florida
This is what we have narrowed down too! Help? We are adding on to the cconly coop next weekend (once it comes Monday) and I need help with the colors!!!
These are the colors.

This is the coop coming on Monday.

omg we were at the paint store today! Too funny! We picked a blue that was in the middle in terms of dark or light for the coop, and an off white for the trim. Primed today hopefully we can start with the colors tomorrow. Good luck choosing- I really had trouble deciding which colors.

I think the darker colors would look nice (and not show up rains/mud splats, etc? I would go with the 2nd from left..or if you go with the lighter colors I like the 2nd from the right

Is it hot or cold where you live. If it is hot you need to go with a light color. If you have cold and snow most of the year a dark color would be just fine.

I see you are in Florida, I think a light green would be great.

"What did I do": (PS I know there must be a story behind that nickname LOL?")

You see all those chickens listed below? We were supposed to only have 15 hens, no roosters, and no incubator. Last summer we had 200 chickens at one point - what did I do, how did that happen, when will I come to my senses and get to a more manageable number of chickens. Chickens are great but so is a vacation.

What did I do: I figured it was something like that LOL Addicting!!! I set my max at 25. Started with 7, and added another 7 right away so on. Last year added 7 and hatched 5 (re homed 2 roos). Just added 4 more chicks-I am now at 28 and trying hard to stop!!! I keep wanting to try new breeds and I really want to start working on one breed (if I can settle on just one!)

Back
Top Bottom