What Color is My Ameraucana Chick?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BaileyMChicks, Mar 4, 2016.

1. BaileyMChicks

BaileyMChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Hi. I recently bought 7 chicks from a local breeder. I got 4 ameraucanas, one EE, one lavender orpington, and one white polish bantam. Out of the ameraucanas, I got two blue, one splash, and one that she said was a wheaten. And at first I was happy I had that color, but then I looked online at what color the chicks should be and she was colored way differently. She almost looks like my golden laced wyandottes did as chicks...I guess I'm just confused. I will add pictures in a little bit. The chick in question is a 10 day old female ameraucana chick. Her name is Butterfly. I know that her color will be much different when she is mature, but I just want to know if I really have a wheaten or not.

2. BaileyMChicks

May 8, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Here are some pictures of Butterfly

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry that the pictures aren't the best...

3. BaileyMChicks

May 8, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Anyone?

4. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Send pictures to the breeder, she should be able to help to identify the color of your chick.

5. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    It's an Easter Egger. That chick is not one of the recognized varieties for Ameraucana.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    EE

7. Mtn Laurel

Mtn Laurel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    My Coop
    Go to the Ameraucana Breeders Club website and check out their photo gallery. You'll see what chicks of the breed look like. http://www.ameraucana.org/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by