what color is my call duckling?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by missred871, Jul 3, 2011.

1. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    So I just hatched out my first call duckling! This is actually my first call duck period LOL. I got the eggs from Zeagler Farms last month. So I had it marked as an australian spotted greenhead.... but whoops.... looks like it might not be? I am no expert obviously so what color is it?
    She has pretty much every color I am waiting for a BEI egg and a cluster of magpies to hatch lol this was just the first guy to come out.

[​IMG]

2. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    It's an Australian Spotted. [​IMG]

3. missred871

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    Quote:Okay good to know, glad I was right!
    Though I do wish it were accidently a butterscotch LOL

4. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    Quote:maybe if it's a silverhead, but not a green or blue

5. missred871

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    Quote:maybe if it's a silverhead, but not a green or blue

Well she doesnt have silvers only greens. She said it could be a blue bibbed but based it on bill color. Let me say this here, this was taken with my cell phone so it isnt that great of a pic. I think it could be a snowy she hatched out a few today and I saw the pics, they look very similar!

6. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    yep would be more on the snowy side to me than a spot. I have those, the green heads pretty much look like mallard babies, blueheads same but pale in color, silvers almost totally washed out in color like this one. But she couldnt make silvers if all she has is grenheads so would have to be snowies or something similar

7. missred871

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    yeah she has greenheads, snowys, whites, butters, i want to say pastels too, and BEIs but I KNOW it isnt a BEI she said she got them from the greenheads, but I figured they would look more mallard like. lol. So I suppose it is a wait and see but most likely it is snowy then huh?

8. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    Quote:Oh yea, I know Linda too. Headed her way soon to pick up some I hope. Yep just a wait and see for now. Pretty much betting snowie though

9. missred871

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    Quote:Oh yea, I know Linda too. Headed her way soon to pick up some I hope. Yep just a wait and see for now. Pretty much betting snowie though

haha I think anyone here with lots of ducks or lookin for calls knows linda lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by