what color is my Cochin?

FnWeirdo

Songster
Sep 6, 2018
u.p. mi
hello BYC
let me start out by saying im partially color blind ( i can't see the full spectrum of colors) and im new to chickens this year and was just wondering what you would call the coloration on my young cochin standard cockerel. i know he's a roo because out of 4 Cochins he developed way faster, much bigger ,stance is different and he's starting to get his " roo feathers" in the right places.

here is Smoke the rooster in question, ( got his name because the colors when he was a chick reminded me of smoke)
IMG_20181216_115136.jpg
IMG_20181216_115139.jpg
IMG_20181216_114219.jpg

And heres one of his sisters with gorgeous gold lace named bandit. ( smokey and the bandit XD)
IMG_20181216_114043.jpg

anyways if anyone can tell me what "smokes" color is id be thankful.
have a good day byc

Last edited:
Is the gold laced hen actually related to him, or were they just sold together? He may be a mix of color varieties, but the nearest to his coloring is the partridge variety, in my opinion. It's also a common color for cochins.

unknown they were TSC chicks , i ended up with 2 whites, 1 gold laced and this handsome lil fella.

oh and i was thinking partridge as well but when i looked for pics of partridge roosters he looked way different thats why i posted here with the question :)

unknown they were TSC chicks , i ended up with 2 whites, 1 gold laced and this handsome lil fella.

oh and i was thinking partridge as well but when i looked for pics of partridge roosters he looked way different thats why i posted here with the question :)
Hatcheries/TSC don't usually sell birds with perfect coloring. He also isn't in full adult plumage yet. I just think he's close enough to call him a partridge cochin. It's one of the most common varieties, and I think it is unlikely TSC would sell a really rare color variety. They tend to stick to the basics.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom