what color is my duckling?

Sylverfly

Songster
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
Northeastern Michigan
What color is my duckling its father is a Lavender or lilac drake, and its mother is a chocolate hen both are indian runners. pics to follow...

29737_ducks_027.jpg

29737_ducks_029.jpg

29737_ducks_031.jpg

Thanks I had to help him/her hatch and he/she hadn't absorbed all of his/her yolk sac, he/she couldn't even lift his/her head for 2 whole days and couldn't walk for 3 and a half days then on the 4th day he/she began to run and now he/she is doing great. But it is a lonely little duckling. Here's the back story: Momma duck was being a great mom and sitting on a big the nest when the duckling was still in its egg and a skunk came in a few days before hatch time and ate all the eggs but 3 I put the 3 in the incubator because momma duck was so freaked out she wouldn't go near the eggs, the only one who hatched was this little one. So now it thinks its a human and follows me all over the place and when I showed it the other ducks it freaked out and refused to even look at them, not sure but I may have gotten myself a house duck.

Quote:
Not necessarily, I had 1 Muscovy duckling hatch mama tried to kill it, so it became my baby, he stayed in the house till 3 weeks ago, he is 4 months old. He has moved into the duck house,[has his own bedroom] and loves being outside with the other ducks, it will take time but if you make time to let it be around the other ducks from the begining it will eventually start to feel apart of the group. Never leave it alone when it's outside so no one can hurt it or pick on it. and all the best to you and your lil duckling, it is precious.

Back
Top Bottom