What color is my female muscovy

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by conny63malies, Oct 29, 2008.

1. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Hi y'all. i got three female muscovies a while back at a local fair in Canfield Ohio. I talked him into 3 for 20$, instead of 8$ each. They were pretty wild and havent been handeled by humans too much,they had to be caught by net. THats why i hve been told to cut the wings down that way. They didnt even know the joy of eting spaghetti and just looked at me funny.(they eat them now and also dry dog food) One is chocolate the next is a blue one. But the color of the last one i am not sure of. I actually wanted a complete white one, but they had none.[​IMG]

Also do you know of a way to tell the approx age? THe farmer told me they are either 08 or 07's

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  2. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    nobody?

3. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    She isn't really any particular color that I can think of. She reminds me of a Chocolate Pied, but she is mottled so if she needs a color I would say she is Chocolate Mottled.

4. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

I dont know..

But shes BEAUTIFUL.

I love muscovies [​IMG]

5. petitesphinx

petitesphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Alabama
    She's a beauty!

Mine (Muscovies) are my favorites of all my ducks and chickens. They've been tamed down and eat from my hands, come to my porch looking for me and follow me around the farm like a pet dog would. I've also had the hardest time keeping them alive and away from predators because of their tame-ness. =-(

You'll love yours, that's for sure; they're wonderful pets! They follow my hubby around and when he opens the garage door, the waddle in, and plop down inside at his feet while he works. So cute!

I have no clue what color your's is; I'd just say a pretty one!

Do you feed your spaghetti? Is that right? Never thought of feeding mine table food..........I'll try that next..

6. danamillette

danamillette Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Northern Wisconsin
    twist cone!
    Hehe...she sure is pretty!

7. fancyfowl4ever

fancyfowl4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Cranbrook, BC, Canada
    Fawn Pied.

8. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:My drakes are tame and can be picked up and will come runing if i have anything at all in my hand. I have no problems with predators of the human or animal nature whatsoever. I say the kids around here are more afraid of ducks than pitbulls. Yes they eat spaghetti and pretty much anything i throw out, they are my redneck food disposal. Leftover food? no probs, out the backdoor it goes. THey even will attempt to fight the dog for the dry dog food.

9. trulyviolet

trulyviolet Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2008
    she is beautiful

i have white ones, with blue eyes!
    i raised my girls from hours old
    their mother died
    but i have thier father
    i love these ducks so much that i threatened to put diapers on them and keep them in the bedroom overnight to make SURE they are safe

they follow me around everywhere, and any spare time i have i spend out with them, taking them out of the day pen to free range

i clip one wing
    but they still fly short distances

i didn't think i would like the muscovys
    i got them for slug control in the garden
    now i would never be willingly without them

vi

10. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:I got mine from a BYC member when they were less than a week old, as i mentioned i picked the girls up at the fair for 20$ alltogether..Mine boys were in the house in a tub first, moved in with some chickens and then got "evicted " into the yard..
    I love the white ones too, we had them growing up in germany, but havent seen any for sale locally.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by