????What color is this cochin?????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rjv_piper, Feb 8, 2009.

1. rjv_piper

rjv_piper Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Utah
    Well, I gave my grandma some chicks to raise that I hatched out last spring. She has taken care of them very well, and they are in great shape. Today, I picked two of the birds up to show. One is a blue frizzled cochin hen, the other is a frizzled cochin rooster with a very interesting color... here he is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The dad is a black frizzled cochin, but if you look closer he has silver lacing on his neck feathers. His mom could've been any of the cochins I have which were; partridge, blue, black, white, buff, and golden laced black in color. All the hens are straight feathered. I'd like to know what color he is and if he is showable.

2. rjv_piper

Dec 28, 2007
    Utah
    sorry the pictures are sideways... I always forget to change them because I took these on my phone. [​IMG]

Thanks!!!
    rjv_piper

3. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    I have no idea on his color, but he is a great-looking guy. I love his colors. I want frizzles!

4. rjv_piper

Dec 28, 2007
    Utah
    [​IMG] thanks! I might have some eggs and possibly chicks for sale later this year, but I need to find some more whites and reds to start breeding first.

5. Master S.M.C

Master S.M.C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Maryland
    as some blue white brown, maybe blue partridge or something like that.

6. luvarabhorses

luvarabhorses Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Hector, Ar
    Frizzles are frun![​IMG]

7. rjv_piper

Dec 28, 2007
    Utah
    Quote:I agree with you there! [​IMG] They are so sweet and innocent! Frizz, the bird in my avatar, loves to be held and played with. I also have a red one that is so timid, but loves to be held gently... I love cochins...

8. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    blue golden duckwing...

9. rjv_piper

Dec 28, 2007
    Utah
    what about a salmon type thing? or maybe blue partridge, like Master S.M.C. said? anyone? [​IMG] this is going to bother me all night... [​IMG] [​IMG] lol [​IMG]

10. rjv_piper

Dec 28, 2007
    Utah
    Quote:OOooooo... good one.... That'll probably be the best...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by