What color is this Easter Egger?

Turnipseed

In the Brooder
Feb 22, 2018
Oregon
Hi! I'm sorry if this is an obvious question, I'm new to chickens (So new that I don't actually have chickens, I have eggs set in an incubator an hour ago.)

I was poking around on craigslist and saw an ad with this really lovely easter egger hen in it. I've been researching chickens for quite a while before taking the plunge, and I thought I have learned most of the colors out there, but this is one I haven't seen. I also know easter eggers are crosses with unpredictable color patterns. So I was wondering: Does the color pattern on this hen have a name(like wheaten or birchen or blue, etc)? And also, are there any chicken breeds that come in this color?
Here are the pictures, she's the one in front looking a little like a candy corn (please note, these aren't mine, the hen in question isn't mine, and if the owner of both happens upon this post, I hope they don't mind that I'm here admiring their chicken)

Attachments

• chicken1.jpg
    chicken1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 26
  • chicken2.jpg
    chicken2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 27
  • chicken3.jpg
    chicken3.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 26
Hello! :welcome So glad to have you here! :wee
Beautiful girl (and so are your other ones in the background)! :love Being an Easter Egger and all, which doesn't breed true, she's just a mixture of colors, for lack of better wording (I think), and doesn't look to have a 'pure' or standard color that's traditional on purer breeds. :cool: So, there's no particular name for her color, as far as I know. :)

Back
Top Bottom