What Color Is This Muscovy Duck?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by The Wolf Queen, Nov 24, 2009.

1. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    IVe been trying to figure out the colors of my new Scovy ducks and ive got all but one figured out. This female is what I guess I would describe as a cream with blue blended in. Is she a buff, fawn, blue fawn, or something else completely?

[​IMG]

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Is cute a color? [​IMG]

3. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    wifezilla wrote: Is cute a color?

Sadly I dont think so lol. I just wish these guys had the personality to match. They were running wild at my local bait store for a while (They let all of their ducks and geese run loose on the property) so their not exactly cuddly. The good thing is that their not aggressive, just scared. BTW besides knowing her color anyone got tips on duck gentling? Anyone got the answer to either question? The past few nights I have been going out after dark with a flashlight and petting them so that they see and hear me, but not enough to freak them out. AND im still baffled on Seneca's color xD. Thanks everyone [​IMG]

4. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    My flock raised ducks have warmed up to the point they will eat from my hand. Slow movements, patience, and talking to them WHILE BRIBING THEM worked for me. Ducks respond very well to treats.

5. MDC

MDC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    KS
    It does look to be a cream but I'd like to see it in better light to be more certain. Cream is a pastel, I used to breed a cream drake to cream and self-blue ducks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by