1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What color is this Naked Neck/Turken?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BoiseBubba, Mar 25, 2009.

1. BoiseBubba

BoiseBubba Serama Psycho

Feb 11, 2009
    Boise, ID
    I have three NN chicks and I was just wondering if anyone knows the first ones color.....

First is Mystery pullet.... at first I thought she was Silver Laced but now I'm not sure..
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] The little roo[​IMG] The white pullet [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  2. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    If they're from hatchery stock, it's best to just let them grow and see.. I kind of suspect the first one will turn out a black and white patterned bird.

That's very cool you got a white chick! I've wanted a white standard sized NN for the longest time.. where did they come from?

3. BoiseBubba

BoiseBubba Serama Psycho

Feb 11, 2009
    Boise, ID
    They came from Dunlap Hatchery here in Caldwell,ID. I think the roo is a Hatchery quality Red.......thats exactly what my RIRs looked like......except.....they weren't naked.....the white is the friendliest........ heres Dunlaps website.....

http://www.dunlaphatchery.net/Default.aspx

oh and they carry both standard and bantam sized NNs......

4. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Thanks for the link!

Yeah the RIR sort of color is pretty common in hatchery stock turkens- basically buff or orangish shade with black tails or reddish with black tails. (these can be beautiful btw)

BTW I got a naked necked rooster from a private breeder via egg trade that was an accidental cross with silver laced wyandotte and one non-naked blue laced red cross hen.. am tempted to breed these together and possibly work on a line of laced NN.

5. BoiseBubba

BoiseBubba Serama Psycho

Feb 11, 2009
    Boise, ID
    anyone

6. BoiseBubba

BoiseBubba Serama Psycho

Feb 11, 2009
    Boise, ID
    heeelllllllooooooooo......

anybody out there?

7. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    The stripes on the light ones tell me that they are probably some wild type or penciled or partridge color but you will not know until they are grown, they are so cute.

ETA: I do not think they are silver laced.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by