What color is this Polish?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by DancingHen, Jul 18, 2011.

1. DancingHen

DancingHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Central Oregon Coast
    I bought 12 polish hatching eggs from a woman through the mail. She said she had a crele rooster (I know crele is just a project color in polish) and both tolbunt and gold laced hens. I never saw her birds, so not sure how accurate thisis. I just wanted some polish eggs to try out my new incubator. So, 7 of the 12 hatched 4 weeks ago. Most of the chicks look gold laced (only darker than I've seen), but 2 of them came out a color I have never seen before. I know they are mixed, so the color likely has no mane, but I was hoping some of you may have some idea what this color/pattern is, or is close to? They were blonde as chicks with very light reddish chipmunk stripes on the back. Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  2. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Looks like Buff Laced with black leakage.

3. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    looks like a barred version of a buff columbian. the guy who made the U.S. creles was trying for a barred buff originally but got the creles in his cross breedings as well.

4. DancingHen

DancingHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Central Oregon Coast
    Thanks for the replies. I am very curious to see what this one grows up to look like.

When I look at them in person the feathers do look barred more than laced. Very pretty birds in my opinion.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by