What color is this silkie chick? UPDATED pic!!!

rilly10

Clover Field Farm
9 Years
May 18, 2010
Pottstown, PA
I was wondering if you could please tell me what color this silkie is? Is he blue, splash, or grey?
57966_silkie.jpg

Last edited:
SORRY if this is in the wrong place! Please feel free to move it if it is!

The reason I am asking is that I am trying to start up a B/B/S breeding pen and I want to know if this bird would fit into this plan or not.

I thought he was a splash, but in the picture looks blue. However, this picture is a few weeks old and now he has lighter streaks coming though. He seems too dark for splash, but is way lighter and more patterned than my blue pullet which make me wonder if maybe he was grey?

I will take more pics when I get home.

Here is a pic of one of my Blue silkies from Cackle Hatchery. Their color pattern varies some. They are beautiful, yours appears to be a roo, not 100 % sure but that it appears so.
smile.png

7892_hpim2334.jpg

Edited: That is also a blue silkie pullet behind the blue in the front of the pic.
smile.png

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the help! He is DEFF a roo! His comb has doubled in the past two weeks. He is such a sweetie though and I am happy as I need a roo. I just hope he is a blue or splash and not grey so he can go with my BBS pen! I will post updated pics of him now when I get home.

So here is a pic of him today. He is in with a blue and a black and he is much lighter than the blue, but kind of looks grey to me with the dark head and streaks. He has changed so much since I got him two weeks ago. So what does everyone think?

57966_img00070.jpg

I think grey refers to silver partridge in Silkies. Lemme go check.......

I just googled "grey Silkie Chicken", and most of what I found were silver partridge. So you have a blue or splash!
cool.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom