What color is this silkie chick??

Discussion in 'Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the SOP' started by BlueChai, Mar 15, 2018.

1. BlueChai

BlueChai Chirping

Feb 23, 2018
    Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this but here I go.
    About a month ago I hatched a white silkie chick who I suspect to be a roo, and in the last week I realized his neck feathers turned into a peachy-lemon color, and he has a bunch of pin feathers on the same color on his back, chest, and tail. He also has a single grey feather on his back. Unfortunately I have no pictures of him right now, but I have images of the parents. I'll get a picture of the actual chick soon.

upload_2018-3-14_23-1-50.png
    The mother is the white silkie and the father is the black silkie with silver neck leakage. The male also has a very small amount of red leakage on his back that is hard to see.
    Does anyone know what color this chick is or what they will turn into?

LilJoe likes this.
  2. LilJoe

LilJoe Crowing

Jul 15, 2016
    Missouri
    Could just have leakage or he/she might ne porcelain?

3. BlueChai

BlueChai Chirping

Feb 23, 2018
    Ooh, I hope he's porcelain. I'll post a picture of him when I come home from school.

LilJoe likes this.
  4. LilJoe

LilJoe Crowing

Jul 15, 2016
    Missouri
    Are the two birds shown his parents? If so the "black with silver leakage" is actually Grey (silver pencil/partridge)

5. BlueChai

BlueChai Chirping

Feb 23, 2018
    Yes, those are his parents. The white silkie hen and the grey silkie roo. The satin silkie hen is just there, she isn't related at all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: