What color is this silkie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jessica H, Sep 1, 2016.

1. jessica H

jessica H New Egg

Sep 1, 2016
    Hi ya'll, my name is Jessica. I've been breeding silkie chickens for a few years and finally this year I have my dream flock after adding some new hens and now I'm getting some interesting colors.so was wandering if anyone would know what color this four month old hen of mine color would be classified as. Bc the only thing I've found even close is salmon but she don't look like that to much either. She has grey,browns,black,and yellow colors to her. I also had a two babies just born one is black with white tipped feet feathers and white on the tips of its wings,and another one born that is dark grey at its head and then lightens up to a very pale grey by its butt and it has brown circling around both its eyes lol. If anyone knows what I would classify any of these as I would greatly appreciate your knowledge and help. I've been coming on this group for a couple years now to find answers and decided to finally sign up. I love backyard chickens and know I'm sure to find my answer. ThanKS in advance :)

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  3. jessica H

jessica H New Egg

Sep 1, 2016

4. jessica H

jessica H New Egg

Sep 1, 2016
    [​IMG][/IMG] so sorry I forgot to send the picture lol

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    your link doesn't work for me. But, I wouldn't rush to judge your new hatchlings, they could change color many times before mature .

8. jessica H

jessica H New Egg

Sep 1, 2016
    Thanks guys, she is a strange colored one but she is getting very beautiful. this year I finally got my flock with all the colors I wanted so now I'm hatching out some pretty awesome babies.thank you for your replies I appreciate the help :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by