What color is this silkie?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickenlver2013, Mar 5, 2014.

1. chickenlver2013

chickenlver2013 Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok, this girl was give to me. What color is she? And also how old do you think she is? Since she doesn't have the head poof, I'm guessing young because my other 2 silkies have big poofs on their heads. Any ideas?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chicka and Co

Chicka and Co Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2014
    Australia
    Its hard to tell from the tiny photos, but it looks like she could be lavender or white. Does she have any patterns or is her feathering a solid colour (sorry I can't really see)?

3. Chicka and Co

Jan 4, 2014
    Australia
    Its hard to tell from the tiny photos, but it looks like she could be lavender or white. Does she have any patterns or is her feathering a solid colour (sorry I can't really see)? Also, I don't know why, possibly the body shape, but in the bottom photo she reminds me of an Araucana. Do you have a better photo?

4. Chicka and Co

Jan 4, 2014
    Australia
    So sorry, I wrote almost the same thing twice, I didn't think the other one had submitted argh.

5. chickenlver2013

Umm not at the moment I can get a better one tomorrow but I do have a pic of her face. Oh and yes she has a little bit of brown patches on her wings

6. Chicka and Co

Jan 4, 2014
    Australia
    Great! Any more photos would be brilliant.

7. chickenlver2013

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6191443/width/200/height/400[/IMG

This is her face

8. Tara K

Tara K Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2013
    Salem MA
    I don't think it looks like a silkie, it's look older too.. Can't tell the color.. Maybe a light buff?

9. chickenlver2013

I'll upload better pics tomorrow

10. misfitchick09

misfitchick09 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2013
    Looks like a male silkie with how the Mohawk is and looks like gray color silkie I have

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by