1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What color is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chasehope, Sep 11, 2010.

1. chasehope

chasehope Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Eastern Washington
    this is a standard cochin rooster that came from a hatchery. I am curious as to what color this would be consifered? Is he a poorly marked silver laced? Or a Birchen? Any help would be great. He is a year old.[​IMG]

2. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Silver Laced....

Chris

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Agree

4. chasehope

Mar 2, 2007
    Eastern Washington
    Thank you! thats what I thought, I just wasnt sure. I dont think that he is correctly marked though...he is just with our barnyard girls!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  5. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

He probably won't win BEST OF SHOW, but..... he's a fine looking roo! [​IMG]

6. chasehope

Mar 2, 2007
    Eastern Washington
    thanks! I know that he is not a "show" rooster, but he does keep the barnyard girls happy! We just had our ameracauna hatch 14 of his children. We thought that she had dissapeared only to find her sitting on 14 of her own eggs. Yesterday all 14 hatched, she is one heck of an incubator!

7. BekahBear

BekahBear Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2010
    Arizona
    yep silver laced

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by