What color is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by magicpigeon, Nov 29, 2010.

1. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    OK, I already know the breed and gender (LOL i cheated! [​IMG] ) but...this mutty color bugs me because I couldn't find anything remotely similar on the internet or even on her breeder's farm! :O She is the "odd one out", officially, and has this weird (not sure if you can see from the pics), almost barred appearance...compare it to a large moth, and you get the idea [​IMG]
    Sorry for bad quality, my "good" camera died and is being repaired [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks [​IMG]

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Partridge. Very nice markings on it too! I'm not sure of quality, because it is a Silkie, so I cannot see the actual patterning too well, but it shows out quite nicely.

3. banjoejoe4783

banjoejoe4783 VILLAMIL FARMS

Oct 6, 2010
    westville ok
    x2

4. magicpigeon

Oct 9, 2010
    [​IMG]
    This ones doesn't have any black on the wings and tail. though. Closest pic I found just now searching up partridge...[​IMG]

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Actually I see black on both. Partridge birds have black tail feathers and black primaries as well as black edging on their secondaries.

6. magicpigeon

Oct 9, 2010
    Ohhh ok, thanks [​IMG] I was worried for a moment she was a mutt I'd bought for $25!! :O

7. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    If she were a mutt, she would not have silkied feathering. [​IMG] It is recessive, and only a good breeder could bring it back from F1 outcrosses.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by