What color is your coop interior?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by gritsar, Jul 12, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    In the process of getting a second coop ready for the babies.
    My adult coop is Carolina Blue with Confederate Gray trim on the outside and two different shades of gray on the inside.

The babies coop will be tan with brown trim on the outside (because that's the color it came with) and trying to decide on an interior color from the selection of "mixed matched" paints for sale at wally world. DH thinks I should go with a tan, but they have two gallon cans of Purple and not just any purple, but slap you in the face PURPLE. Gritty does so love purple. [​IMG]

Think the chickens will care one way or the other?

2. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

I think that purple would be perfect! The chickens may not care ~ but if it makes you happy ~ go for it.

One of my coops is yellow inside and the other is robin's egg blue. The blue one came about when I had a couple of gallons of white paint and a left over quart of navy blue and mixed them together. Makes me feel relaxed when I visit the chicks!

3. Finn's Mom

Finn's Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

I painted mine for utilitarian reasons, but since they tinted it for "free" I went with a nice sea mist blue rather than white. I figure blue makes walls recede (that's why people put it on ceilings, right?), so the place would seem even bigger and might have a calming effect. [​IMG] Happy to report they are very calm so far, and appreciating the visual effect of my effort. ha ha.
    I hadn't thought of purple, though. Hmm... guineas might like that.

4. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner True BYC Addict

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    I vote purple. The chickens don't care but you do. We've had this conversation before, just not on colors. If you know what a woman wants and it does not cost you anything, just agree with her. Otherwise you're just going to lose anyway.

5. shopchicks

shopchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2009
    Boise, Idaho
    Mine is light pink, but only because I found some mistinted Kitchen and Bath paint in that color for $5. I am painting the nest boxes darker pink and olive green with more mistinted paint.

6. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    I hope to do the interior walls and ceiling a pale sky blue, since I will leave the doors open for most of the day on most days, and I hear wasps and such will ignore a pale blue ceiling, thinking it is the sky- they do porch ceilings in the Carolinas and other places in the south for that reason.

7. vickibiro

vickibiro Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2010
    LaGrange, Kentucky
    mine is going to be barn red, 12.97 a gallon at home depot

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Aha and this might be the perfect time to spring something on ya (or maybe I already have?). The entire reason that I have to acquire a new coop now rather than wait until fall is because of the meat birds. The layer chicks could share the big coop, no problem.

Can't really build a new coop right now, but I need one in a hurry. But wait! What's that building sitting out there taking up space in the yard? Why it's the custom built HARLEY shed! The one I am forbidden to put a spare broom in even. It was built for the harley, it holds the harley and absolutely nothing else.

Only by this time next week it will be full-fledged chicken coop. You don't even want to know how I pulled that one off. [​IMG]

9. PureFluff

PureFluff Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2010
    Otis, ORE
    Quote:A GARAGE FOR A BIKE??

What.

I like motorcycles and Vespa-type scooters but I always assumed that if I had one and not a garage or similar place, I'd just park it inside a closet or something, lol.

10. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner True BYC Addict

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Not a shed for a bike. A shed for a HARLEY. Big difference.

Kat, I don't know how you pulled it off. I just assume he is sick and you took unfair advantage. I just hope you give the Harley proper respect.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by