What color OEG? and is this a RIR banty?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rachiegirl, May 4, 2009.

1. rachiegirl

rachiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Beaver Co. PA
    This is one of my OEG (3 wks old)and I cannot find a picture of a chick that looks like her. I was just wondering what color she will be. I also have a crele and BBR.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am also wondering if this is a RIR banty. It is very dark, and has a single comb so not a sebright. It has been the slowest of all my chicks to feather. It's about 3 weeks old here.

[​IMG]
    Fuzzy wing pic, but you can see the markings.
    [​IMG]
    Here it is next to my standard RIR...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks in advance! [​IMG]

2. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    Looks like a Red Pyle or a Blue Red Splash/Sport

3. garngang

garngang Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2009
    North Central Arkansas
    hi what is the one in the first picture? i think u are calling it an OEG??

4. rachiegirl

Apr 6, 2009
    Beaver Co. PA
    Old English Game, I have the bantams. They are very sweet, though they are only 3 weeks old. [​IMG]

5. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    The OEGB looks like it could be Red Pyle? And I still say the one is a RIR bantam.

6. rachiegirl

Apr 6, 2009
    Beaver Co. PA
    Yeah, I'm still going RIR on that one too. I love that he's so dark! I'm thinking he because it is taking him sooo long to feather. 3 weeks old and that is all he has. The OEG is the same age. I'm pretty sure that OEG is a girl, along with my BB red. I have a crele the same age who I know is a male; 3 weeks and a red comb and getting his red wattles in! He's a muffin. [​IMG]

7. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Definetlt RIR. I had one last year and thats what he looked like. He was a beautiful bird but got to aggresive and was one of the ones I had to sell (I ike to keep a happy flock).

8. rachiegirl

Apr 6, 2009
    Beaver Co. PA
    He's a banty, and I'm not sure what I'll do with him if it is a him. I only have 5 bantys, 3 OEG him and a polish. I know one OEG is a male and I think it'll be a while before I can even guess on the polish! I am starting to pile up with roos.
    I already have the 5 comet roos the hubby picked up...he thought the yellow were girls and the brown were boys. [​IMG] Yoi. I am really hoping my standard RIR is a pullet, took a chance and grabbed it out of the straight run bin at TSC while I was there getting my BA and WL pullets. Here's to hoping! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by