What color of crested?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by AGirlAndHerFarm, Apr 16, 2017.

1. AGirlAndHerFarm

AGirlAndHerFarm Just Hatched

Mar 15, 2017
    I went on a road trip today before work to see if I could find a couple more barred rocks, I came home with 8 chicks... only 1 being a barred rock (I seriously could not find anymore anywhere). My fiancé and I made a deal a while back if I was ever out and found crested chicks I would at least get one to add a "looker" to our flock. Well I found some today and got 2 "Crested Special St Runs". I am just curious about the color outcome on these babes, I haven't found anything matching the colors on this chick. What do y'all think?? What do you think this chick will look like?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    I think, it will look like a chicken with a cotton ball on its head.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    How old are they? They look like Polish chicks - not sure what their adult color will be but could end up white crested buff. People with polish chicks will know much more than I do. Very cute birds.

1 person likes this.
  4. AGirlAndHerFarm

AGirlAndHerFarm Just Hatched

Mar 15, 2017

They are supposed to be one day old, I wasn't sure if they were polish or not so I didn't want to say, but I am hoping they are :). I am thinking this one is a little older because the feathers are a little more developed on this one. I could be wrong. But that is what I was thinking too on the coloring but the feathers kind of threw me off. I'm pretty new though, so I definitely am playing the guessing game. Thank you for your input! It's appreciated!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by