What Color Should My Ducklings Be?

As far as my limited understanding goes, the only way to get sexlinked ducklings is with a chocolate drake, but Iā€™m not 100% on the logistics behind it. I wound up with a female chocolate duckling out of a silver appleyard duck/blue Indian runner drake mating, and her sister is pure white. Without knowing what colors your pekin is ā€œhidingā€ under the white, itā€™s hard to say what the offspring will look like. Genetics are fascinating!

As far as my limited understanding goes, the only way to get sexlinked ducklings is with a chocolate drake, but Iā€™m not 100% on the logistics behind it. I wound up with a female chocolate duckling out of a silver appleyard duck/blue Indian runner drake mating, and her sister is pure white. Without knowing what colors your pekin is ā€œhidingā€ under the white, itā€™s hard to say what the offspring will look like. Genetics are fascinating!
The only reason Iā€™m NOT doing a choc drake is bc my Pekins donā€™t lay on eggs and I donā€™t really incubate bc Iā€™m horrible at it

9D43D272-8C19-477D-8378-E7EC07413CCD.png
Female is top. Male is bottom.

Back
Top Bottom