What color Silkie chick is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Streakinstones, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Streakinstones

Streakinstones Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2010
    Waldorf, Maryland
    [​IMG][​IMG] This chick just hatched from my black hen and Paint Rooster. Not sure what color its going to be. Can anyone help? I've never had a chick hatch with this color before.

2. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    I don't know but it's very cute. [​IMG]

3. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Well Crapola! That is such a sweet looking little thing!! I cant help ya with color, but I have 5 possible mixes that have the same basic shape are your baby with the small little almost flat domed heads like a regular (not poofy headed) chickens but looking at your babie, I might still have the pure silkies (since your baby is pure silkie) instead of the the mixes I was so hoping for! LOL But that is a Beautiful baby you got there!

4. Streakinstones

Streakinstones Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2010
    Waldorf, Maryland
    [​IMG][​IMG]Here's pics of the parents. The chick is less than a day old in the pictures. This is only the third chick I have from these two Silkies but the other two were black.

5. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:Very nice couple you have there! mine are about 3 weeks old and still have hardly any poof on top, some have alittle the Moms (all silkies) to my chicks were Black, Blue, White, And greyish, The dad were Silkies Black, Blue, Grey Red and partridge, and one Salmon Fav. The babies all have the dark to black skin and legs/feet and 5 toes on both feet, but they are all buff with darker wings and some red in them and spots on top of there heads and backs but not really like splashes. And the last one to hatch was black with a little red on the wings. So still got me guessing on them.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  6. silkie101

silkie101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Plantcity Florida
    Quote:hmmm maybe partridge or splash

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by