What color silkie is she?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by silkie_sue, Dec 6, 2010.

1. silkie_sue

silkie_sue Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2010
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I'm really curious as to what my Twinkle's real color is. I got her as a wee chick and all I know of her background is she came from someone's
    "Project Pen". They didn't seem to care to share what "project", which would have made it easier to figure out what color she is. But I think she's
    beautiful. I'll post a couple of pics and incase her color's aren't quit as visible...she is dark grey, light grey, with a beige to creamy color base, and dark grey and cream sort of striping to the tips of her wings.

Ok so here are pic's...Twinkle

http://usera.imagecave.com/ashkedarklace/MVC-001F.JPG

http://usera.imagecave.com/ashkedarklace/MVC-003F.JPG

I was thinking grey hmmmm, could be from Partridge pen or whatever. Thank for taking a look.

Suz

2. Liexicof15

Liexicof15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Tampa
    She looks just like my silver partridge.

3. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    She is a grey. Grey and silver partridge are the same thing, grey is the recognized name for the variety.

4. silkie_sue

silkie_sue Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2010
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Thank you thank you thank you....That's what I thought but had to double check.

5. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    She is the product of mixing colors. She is from one Gray parent, but the other parent was probably White or Splash. She is lovely. I have 5 or 6 much like her.

6. ErinG

ErinG Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2010
    Oregon
    She is gorgeous!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by