What color silkie is this ?

briana1975

Songster
10 Years
Feb 23, 2009
Carleton Mi.
We got 3 silkies from Ideal with our order. They are the boys' pet chicks. They wanted blue silkies, but those were sold out and Mom subsituted grey silkies. I thought close enough. These are just pets and hopefully broodies. They all looked the same as little chicks but now that they are feathering out we have a strange one. Let me know what someone, anyone thinks this color is supposed to be.
This is the little strange one we are unsure about.
23535_016.jpg

This is what the other 2 look like, grey.
23535_017.jpg

top one is partridge, the lower blue? with the partridge you can sex them a little earlier the girls get strippy, were the boys have a more solid color

Quote:
These birds are way too young to sex, and until the birds are several months old, the tail of the males and females are indistinguishable, with few exceptions.

I was just wondering on the color of that 1st one. It looks so diffrent than the other greys we ordered. I am pretty sure one of the silkies is a roo. It is challenging all the RIR roos. He gives them a run for their money.

Quote:
Do you think it is a pullet? It is only 5 weeks old. But it is much smaller than the others and in real life her wings almost look barred.

Back
Top Bottom