What color/type of Easter Egger ???

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Brooke78, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Brooke78

Brooke78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2014
    These are my first EE's I ordered them from a hatchery just wondering if anyone knew what color/type they will be [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Brooke78

Jul 7, 2014
    TjThe first 2 are the same one and the last 2 are the same chick ! They are 4 days old :)

3. SMonroe1990

SMonroe1990 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2014
    New York
    It's really hard to tell with EEs without knowing what the parentage is. I had three that looked alike as chicks and now all three are completely different colors. Not to mention all chicks and the puffy cheeks and only two out of the three have the muffs and beard. Here is a pic of the three that all looked alike as chicks. All three of them kind of looked like your chicks when they were younger.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  4. Brooke78

Jul 7, 2014
    Thank you hopefully they will have the little muffins they are suppose to !! It didn't give an option of selecting what you wanted of course either way I think they are so adorable !

5. SMonroe1990

SMonroe1990 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2014
    New York
    Not a problem. I was really surprised that four out of my five had the muffs and beards. EEs are a really good breed to have, very friendly. Mine don't like being picked up any more, but still come running over to me hoping for a treat. Can't wait to see pictures of yours as they grow.

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    X2 on that. I've raised EEs for many years (still have them) & have never been able to tell for sure what they will look like as adults. Good luck in getting the muffs you are hoping for.

7. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    x3 To me that's the most fun thing about these little characters. I think the closest we can come to determining final color is with the bright yellow chicks. Some may have a splash of blue on them the but the basic color is yellow. Every single one I've seen that started out that color ends up being white or white with a splash of gold and/or blue, like my Agatha.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by