What color will the chicks be?

I have a pen with Lavender (self blue) silkies and Buff silkies. I can't find any information on what color the first generation chicks will be. Can someone help me out on this?
Hi there and welcome to BYC! :frow

I think the first poster is correct..

However.. I also THINK that the offspring bred back to each other would make a percentage of what's called Isabella or blue cream or porcelain.. depending on which breed and pattern the lavender/buff are being used in.. Or bred back to the parent maybe get some pure lavs and buffs out in gen 3?? It could be a fun project color.. if you have time to work it.. always select for the DARK comb and other correct features for the breed when working on project colors that MAY eventually be accepted into the SOP JUST as Lavender was recently accepted to the Silkie SOP (could be mistaken for another breed).. and the correct term was indeed Lavender and not Self Blue.. BUT I'm trying to keep WAY to much information straight and things are changing rapidly, so please verify information for yourself and get more input/opinions.. and what some call a waste of time or nightmare might be an adventure. So..

HAVE FUN! :wee

Basic color calculator doesn't account for leakage. The 2nd drop down tab is in English and they're adding new colors all the time..

color calculator

:jumpy:jumpy

Hi there and welcome to BYC! :frow

I think the first poster is correct..

However.. I also THINK that the offspring bred back to each other would make a percentage of what's called Isabella or blue cream or porcelain.. depending on which breed and pattern the lavender/buff are being used in.. Or bred back to the parent maybe get some pure lavs and buffs out in gen 3?? It could be a fun project color.. if you have time to work it.. always select for the DARK comb and other correct features for the breed when working on project colors that MAY eventually be accepted into the SOP JUST as Lavender was recently accepted to the Silkie SOP (could be mistaken for another breed).. and the correct term was indeed Lavender and not Self Blue.. BUT I'm trying to keep WAY to much information straight and things are changing rapidly, so please verify information for yourself and get more input/opinions.. and what some call a waste of time or nightmare might be an adventure. So..

HAVE FUN! :wee

Basic color calculator doesn't account for leakage. The 2nd drop down tab is in English and they're adding new colors all the time..

color calculator

:jumpy:jumpy
Thank you. That is what I was hoping for. I am trying for the Blue Cream as a project. I do think it will be a lot of fun.

^^ probably all black with gold feathers especially around the neck/chest
So I got a hatch from this breeding. I'm so excited. I know the yellow us a lavender, I'm assuming the black is a split but are the others the gray or light black? And a couple have a little bit of Buff showing. I dont really know genetic well so would someone be willing to explain a little?

Attachments

• 20210117_085237.jpg
    20210117_085237.jpg
    508.3 KB · Views: 7
So I got a hatch from this breeding. I'm so excited. I know the yellow us a lavender, I'm assuming the black is a split but are the others the gray or light black? And a couple have a little bit of Buff showing. I dont really know genetic well so would someone be willing to explain a little?
How are the little ones feathering out? I just love the blue cream and lavender silkies!🥰

Last edited:
So update. I am over the top happy with the results of the growing chicks. The ALL now have Buff feathering around the neck and chest. I can not wait to breed them back to the lavender roos. 😍

Back
Top Bottom