What color will these Silkie chicks be?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by NewToFarming, Oct 27, 2010.

1. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    I just hatched out these little guys 1-2 days ago which I never thought they would hatch because the last one was on day 25! Can anyone tell me what colors these little guys will end up to be?

I am assuming the middle one will be partridge but I have no idea what the other 2 might be??

[​IMG]

This is a close up of the one I believe to be partridge.

[​IMG]

The first one that I have no idea what color this one will be.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is the last little guy that was born on day 25

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Hey! They are adorable! Are the dads the birds you got from me? The one is a partridge and the other two probably will end up looking like grays. [​IMG]

3. Sweet Violet

Sweet Violet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2010
    Vista CA
    the third looks like a splash

4. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Quote:Yes! Both Mom & Dad are from the ones I got from you. The partridge has "Animal" written all over him because I see an attitude already! [​IMG] Animal is he black splash I had gotten from you.

So, the light color ones will end up to be gray or maybe a gray type splash?

5. silkieluver_07

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Yes! Both Mom & Dad are from the ones I got from you. The partridge has "Animal" written all over him because I see an attitude already! [​IMG] Animal is he black splash I had gotten from you.

So, the light color ones will end up to be gray or maybe a gray type splash?

Yes I would say gray that's how all my chicks feather out if their down is that color I have a couple chicks like that now that are around the same age As yours

6. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Thanks! So you can kind of tell by the color of the down what they will end up to be?

7. silkieluver_07

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Normally you can tell by the color of their down bur sometimes they'll play a trick on ya

8. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Thanks! It seems these silkies just keep you guessing all the time! [​IMG]

Hannah...I will have to send you a pic of the favorelle/silkie chick. She is turning out to be quite pretty. Even has a bit of poof on her head and lots of feathering on her feet. Notice I am saying she because I really don't need another roo! [​IMG]

9. silkieluver_07

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:I've been noticing that the fav/silkie cross chicks that have patterning appear to be pulleys and if they are solid whitish that their roosters

10. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by