What color will they be? (True Ameraucanas chicks - not Easter Eggs!!!!)

acbunker

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 23, 2012
Bristol, FL
I already asked this on a different thread, but no one came forward, so I'm trying again....

I hatched some eggs from TRUE Ameraucanas, not Easter Eggs, born on March 16 & 17. Parents were wheaten and blue wheaten.

Can anyone help me to identify some colors / genders? I have everything under the sun: very light all the way around - someone told me they are splash??; light brown; dark brown; lots of blue everywhere; and some brown/black/blue.

Hoping to hear back from someone!

Thanks!!! :)

PS: Please ignore the blue copper maran roo in the background... ;)

Was offline for a few days... Thanks for the tip! I'll do it right now!!!
smile.png

I can help you with the colors if you want to post individual pics. I used to breed Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas. I loved those birds.

This was Blanche. She was a Splash hen.

This was Isa, a Wheaten cock bird:

And this was BeeDub, a Blue Wheaten cock bird:

I can help you with the colors if you want to post individual pics. I used to breed Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas. I loved those birds.

This was Blanche. She was a Splash hen.

This was Isa, a Wheaten cock bird:

And this was BeeDub, a Blue Wheaten cock bird:

Awesome Birds!!!!

So after taking 500 pictures, finally I have them for you. Didn't take bird by bird because I have 23... But here they go:

Boys? Blue Wheaten?

Boys? Wheaten & Blue Wheaten?

Girls? Blue Wheaten?

Blue Wheaten Boy?

From left to right: girl, boy, boy? colors?

On the left: blue or wheaten? boy or girl? how about the ones on the right?

A possible "handsome blue boy"??

After seeing you splash girl, found out I have 2. One of them is separated because the other ones decided to have a neckfest on her, so she's purple now!!!

Now some group pictures:

Thank you so much!

Any help is appreciated, since I'm not keeping them all - and it would be sooooo nice to have a bit less babies to take care of (they are not the only ones I have now)!!!!
wee.gif

Awesome Birds!!!!

So after taking 500 pictures, finally I have them for you. Didn't take bird by bird because I have 23... But here they go:

I won't be able to determine gender for you, either at this age or from these photos. You are going to need to wait a bit longer for that.

Boys? Blue Wheaten? If you are seeing Blueish gray rather than Black, then they're BW.

Boys? Wheaten & Blue Wheaten? It appears so, but this photo is not close enough for me to say for sure.

Girls? Blue Wheaten? Gender I cannot say for sure, but BW I would say yes.

Blue Wheaten Boy? I cannot say for sure from this photo, but it appears so.

From left to right: girl, boy, boy? colors? Again, these photos are not close up enough to determine gender, but it appears to be BW, BW, and W.

On the left: blue or wheaten? boy or girl? how about the ones on the right? Left appears to be BW, likely pullet, but cannot be sure at this age. On the right, possibly W, but cannot be sure, the lighting is poor. Are those feathers blue or black?

A possible "handsome blue boy"?? Again, too early to accurately determine gender. Definitely BW.

After seeing you splash girl, found out I have 2. One of them is separated because the other ones decided to have a neckfest on her, so she's purple now!!!

Now some group pictures:

Thank you so much!

Any help is appreciated, since I'm not keeping them all - and it would be sooooo nice to have a bit less babies to take care of (they are not the only ones I have now)!!!!
wee.gif

I appreciate that you feel you need to cull them out early, but I really do encourage you to keep as many as you can for as long as you can. Young birds can go through many changes before they reach a state where you can cull accurately. These are much too young for me to even consider culling on gender or any other criteria.

I know it's hard, but please do try to find the room for them. They look like they are very nice birds indeed, and you would be well-served to keep as many as you can for as long as you can in order to be sure you keep the very best out of them.

From whom did you buy them, if I can ask? If you don't want to say in public, send me a PM. They look quite nice, and make me miss having them. Good luck with them!

Back
Top Bottom