1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What color will this chick be? - added more pics

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Corey NC, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    This is an araucana from Jody and I was wondering if any one has any idea what it will look like or pics would be great! It has a dark buff body with a black "patch" on it's back.

Here are some pics (I am sorry they are so blurry, the chick wouldn't sit still) -

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Is that little guy still wet from hatching? should still be in the bator not out and about just yet....

Can't help on the color.

3. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Since the pics are kinda bad, can you think of any breeds that have this color? It almost looks striped so maybe BBR?

4. Corey NC

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    It 's a true araucana.

The chick had some yoke and half of the egg stuck to it's bum I took it out and ran it under water to soften the yoke so I could pull it off. I went ahead and took pics while it was out and it went right back into the bator. It is almost fully fluffed out now.

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Tough to tell by how wet it looks, but likely BBR or Gold Duckwing.

I'm not going to shake my finger at you for opening the bator while a hatch is in progress...I promise. [​IMG]

Jody

6. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    It looks very cute - no matter what color - that will be the exciting part to see how he or SHE feathers out. Keep us updated!

7. Corey NC

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    I'm not familiar with those colors, could you discribe those colors or post a pic?

Don't worry my bator is AMAZING! The temps and humidity didn't change at all.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  8. Corey NC

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Here are some more pics - it's fluffed out more but still the pics arent great. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by