1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What color will this Cochin be?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Chickybaby, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Chickybaby

Chickybaby Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2008
    NC - paradise!
    When I went to get 10 more Brahma chicks from a friend, she had also received a large batch of assorted Cochins. She told my son he could pick one out to keep for himself, so he picked out this little one. At first it had a black head and back, gray wings and white underside. It is 3 wks old today (my son named it Sneaky Pie) and it's little feathers are coming in brown and black:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't know a thing about Cochins, so I don't know what to expect. At first I thought it might be a Black, at first it looked an awful lot like it from a catalog picture I compared it to. But would a Black have brown coming in first? Or are we looking at another color entirely? It doesn't really matter, my son loves it anyway. I'd just like to know what to expect... Thanks!

2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Maybe it's a partridge?

3. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    I agree, looks like a partridge

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by