What Color Would You Call This Ameraucana Pullet?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Fernchick, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Fernchick

Fernchick Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2014
    This is Lacey and she's 6 weeks old. I'm assuming this pretty little girl is an Ameraucana, Easter Egger or something like that because of her green legs and tiny pea comb. She was yellow with dark chipmunk markings when hatched. Now she is pale grey overall and has a very subtle grey pattern on her feathers, and her tail is kind of bluish grey. All the photos I see of this breed are colored different and darker. I'm pretty sure she is a pullet, but I'm curious about her breed and what color this is called. I'd love to hear everyone's opinion. :)

4 weeks
    [​IMG]

six weeks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    She's an Easter egger, thus there is no specific name for her color. She's quite pretty, and it will be interesting to see what she looks like as she matures. Those barred looking markings usually don't last once she gets her big girl feathers, at least on partridge colored birds.

3. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I agree, she looks like an EE. Shes beautiful!

4. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    She looks lavender. The barring could be juvenile barring and go away. It could also real barring. EE for sure. Lavender Ameraucana were crossed to EE by some. Could grow up to be lavender cuckoo. Take a look at my avatar. That is a lavender cuckoo project cockerel.

5. Fernchick

Jan 22, 2014
    Lavender?! Cool! I'll post pics in a few more weeks. Thanks for the replies. :)

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I agree (BTW nice cockerel Jerry)

7. Fernchick

Jan 22, 2014
    Yes, beautiful rooster Jerry!

8. moriahw123

moriahw123 New Egg

Mar 9, 2014
    Oh my gosh! I got the same chick and called it Lacey. She looks exactly the same! I will send a picture later.... unbelievable! Did you chickennappe my chicken?

9. Fernchick

Jan 22, 2014
    LOL... isn't that a hoot? What a coincidence! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by