What color would you call this Easter Egger?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Natteegann, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Natteegann

Natteegann Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2013
    Hen Solo was a white chick with a black spot on her rump. Now at 6 months she is whitish? She has white feathers with buff along the edges so the inverse of a buff lace (with 2 black feathers in her tail...LOL)? What would you call it...I am not sure if the pics will show the color well as it is a pretty faint buff. I can try to take more but she is pretty active lol...All I know is she is pretty...but sometimes just looks 'dirty' lol....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Because she's a mixed breed, she doesn't really fit any color variety. However, she comes closest to being Wheaten (but doesn't have enough buff coloration). She's very pretty!

3. Natteegann

Apr 4, 2013
    I know she doesn't fit anything specific because of her mixed genes, I had just tried describing her color to someone and couldn't place any specific name on it...I ended it with an inverse buff laced...LOL...I have a fun time naming cat and rabbit colors too...just for fun :) Mostly I just call her pigpen because she looks slightly dirty....lol

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    X2

5. Natteegann

Apr 4, 2013
    thanks! That is definitely the closest I will get! I appreciate your time! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by