What Color Would You Say These Silkies Are?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by UrbanMama, Nov 16, 2008.

1. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I bought eggs from an E-bay breeder. They were supposedly seperated by color and she had the color written on the egg. Some of these I'm planning on selling and I just wanted to see what you all think of the colors.

Here's a group shot. You can see the ones I'm wondering about and a top view of colors...

[​IMG]

Here's one that was in a "blue" egg...it's not white, but not "blue" either..

[​IMG]

Another shot...

[​IMG]

Now these too...I'm confused. One is supposed to be partridge and the other is supposed to be buff....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So what do you all think? [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  2. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

The partridge has chipmunk stripes and that's how the BLRW's start out, too, with stripes.

3. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    The lighter color out of blue is a Splash. It will get the splashes of color as it starts to feather in. The lighter color one could be partridge but if it had buff written on it it is just a buff that will probably have a lot dark feathers. Looks like some nice blues too. ARe the blacks silkies too.

4. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    looks like you got a bunch of lavenders, one white, some blacks, maybe a buff(but the chipmunk pattern is confusing?) and maybe some blues. But I can tell that you got lots of lavenders. [​IMG] cute babies! [​IMG]

5. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    and splash maybe. [​IMG]

6. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    I have one which was hopefully buff just like yours is....but it is now murphing into white. It is 1 month old in the after picture taken today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by