What color Wyandotte?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kelseyk, Apr 11, 2017.

1. kelseyk

kelseyk Just Hatched

Apr 11, 2017
    Hi everyone! I am new to raising chickens. After a lot of research I decided to get some Wyandottes. I just picked up 6 from our local farm store that were listed as assorted Wyandottes. Can anyone tell me what color they are going to be? I have 2 of the light ones, 3 of the more brown ones, and one black one with a yellow belly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Hi! I am sorry to say it looks as though there is only two Wyandottes in these pictures. Last one is either an Australorp (AMAZING BREED) or maybe a Jersey Giant but probably not. On the Wyandottes is looks as though they are Silver laced Wyandottes

:welcome

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I agree.

4. kelseyk

kelseyk Just Hatched

Apr 11, 2017
    Okay thanks!! I wondered why I couldn't find any pictures on the Internet that looked like the last one when I searched for Wyandotte chicks. :) I noticed today that the feathers coming in on the wings of the more brown chicks are more brown while the ones on the lighter chicks are white? Could it be possible that those 3 may be gold laced instead of silver laced?

5. Noaskye

Noaskye Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2017
    Southern MD
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are my 2 Wyandottes. Gold Laced (Behind the Black Astrolorp and Silver Laced in the bottom pic.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by