What Color?

morgan36

Chirping
7 Years
May 13, 2012
Southern Ohio
Does chickens get their feather color from the rooser or hen?
I have a partride silkie rooser and and a buff silkie hen and I was wandering what color the chicks will be thanks for the help

Does chickens get their feather color from the rooser or hen? I have a partride silkie rooser and and a buff silkie hen and I was wandering what color the chicks will be thanks for the help
they get half of their dad´s genome and half of their mother genome(except for sex link colors like chocolate, barring in this case none of the mentioned color are sex linked) and it will depend on what color is dominant over the other, or what genes is dominant and what genes are recessive, having worked with(and still working with) the buff genotype I will say your chicks will hatch yellow like the buff silkie and will color out mostly buff like mother, some black(some buff carry blue or/and Dun) colored tail feathers

I edited this reply because it was meant for another thread..sorry
sad.png

Last edited:
how would you do this one and what would the chicks look like?
using a Sex linked naked neck rooster over a normal hen... all of the Females will be nacked neck and the males will be normal....BUT I have to encounter a sex linked naked neck bird, these are not your typical turkens and as I said in a previous post these genes are very very rare, maybe even extinct

using a Sex linked naked neck rooster over a normal hen... all of the Females will be nacked neck and the males will be normal....BUT I have to encounter a sex linked naked neck bird, these are not your typical turkens and as I said in a previous post these genes are very very rare, maybe even extinct
could it be brought in by using a naked neck roo over a barred hen and working with that?

Back
Top Bottom