What Coloring is this?

ANightPerson

Songster
7 Years
Oct 22, 2016
Massachusetts
Hey all, I hatched a dozen eggs from my rooster and his favorite hen a few weeks ago. Someone unplugged the heat lamp & only one cockerel survived. I plan on setting more soon because I'm loving the way this funky little guy is growing out. They all came out looking the same chipmunk with stripy wings, some silver and and some gold. I've never seen this coloring before. Father is BC Marans/Polish, mother is an EE from a flock with many different breeds mixed in. Does anyone know what caused this coloring and what I'll get when I breed them? I'm considering keeping the one cockerel I have and breeding him with some of my coolest-looking mutt hens and his sisters. He has beard/muff from his mother and crest from his father which is exactly what I was trying for. Pictures of him and parents below from this morning, let me know if you need better ones because he wouldn't stay still.

Attachments

• dtcfvgjhbk.PNG
    dtcfvgjhbk.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • drtfvgujbhn.PNG
    drtfvgujbhn.PNG
    547.1 KB · Views: 17
Hey all, I hatched a dozen eggs from my rooster and his favorite hen a few weeks ago. Someone unplugged the heat lamp & only one cockerel survived. I plan on setting more soon because I'm loving the way this funky little guy is growing out. They all came out looking the same chipmunk with stripy wings, some silver and and some gold. I've never seen this coloring before. Father is BC Marans/Polish, mother is an EE from a flock with many different breeds mixed in. Does anyone know what caused this coloring and what I'll get when I breed them? I'm considering keeping the one cockerel I have and breeding him with some of my coolest-looking mutt hens and his sisters. He has beard/muff from his mother and crest from his father which is exactly what I was trying for. Pictures of him and parents below from this morning, let me know if you need better ones because he wouldn't stay still.
He probably has partridge and duckwing genes.

Back
Top Bottom