What colors are my rescued runners?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by MysticalMom, Jul 17, 2010.

1. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    We got Fluffy and Peanut (named by my grand niece and no..Fluffy is not the crested one lol) from someone who posted on BYC trying to find a home for them. She lived in the city in D.C., and we met half way and picked them up a few weeks ago. They were a little malnourished because I don't think the nice lady that had them really knew what to do with them. They were barely 4 weeks old and had been living on nothing but cracked corn and oatmeal. They're bigger now and healthier, and so friendly( and spoiled)...but I don't know runner colors and was wondering if anyone can tell yet what color they are?

Here they are... Fluffy and Peanut.[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    The lighter one looks like a Fawn & White and the other one...I'm not sure! [​IMG]
    They're both gorgeous though, congratulations! [​IMG]

3. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    One blue runner and one fawn and white crested runner. Cute ducks! [​IMG]

4. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Looks like the darker one had eye stripes - I had one late last year with very simialr colouring minus the eye stripes making her gentically different in some ways... I wrote to a friend with a photo attached and asked for his comments- I will go searching for that email shortly- and post some of what may be relevant for your bird too.

5. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Thanks you guys!! And I look forward to that info duckyfromz. These are my first runners and I just love them. They're funny looking little things aren't they? [​IMG] They went outside for the first time yesterday (in their very own pen area with their own pool) and had a BLAST swimming and darting underwater and running aorund as fast as their little legs could carry them. People around here told me that runners were usually skittish, but I tell ya these 2 are super friendly so far. I think they're both girls and I'm good with that.

Go figure.. Fluffy is a blue? Not knowing runners I never would have guessed that. He looks light brown and grey to me. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I have pmed you some of the email I received...Looking for a few photos for you to show you how similar the girls are except for the eyestripes.

7. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    This is probably one of the better ones- She came out looking more orange in the sunlight when I took some photos of her when a bit older.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by