What colors are these chicks?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by WalkingNorth, Jan 17, 2013.

1. WalkingNorth

WalkingNorth Out Of The Brooder

These are my very first button quail, they're 3 days old. Just wondering if anyone could help me with colors? Not sure if it's too early
    [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. WalkingNorth

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. chrishel

chrishel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    The Windy City
    My guesses:
    1. Tux, white on the bottom and Tibetan on the top. Very cute. I love these. They look like penguins.
    2. Tibetan
    3. Rosetta
    4. Normal Brown
    5. Normal Brown? This one is hard to tell.

4. WalkingNorth

Thanks so much for your help :D We're really excited to see how the first chick (Roxy) turns out. She's such an interesting color lol. And thank you for the advice on the 3rd one. His little markings look like a normal type, but the colors are inverted, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I just can't wait for them to feather out :D

5. tileman@prodigBird Raiser

[email protected] Raiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    quote name="chrishel" url="/t/737173/what-colors-are-these-chicks#post_10291022"]My guesses:
    1. Tux, white on the bottom and Tibetan on the top.  Very cute.  I love these.  They look like penguins.
    2. Tibetan
    3. Rosetta
    4. Normal Brown
    5. Normal Brown?  This one is hard to tell.

[/quote]

The colors above are for coturnix quail. Are they coturnix or buttons there is a difference in colors

6. WalkingNorth

these guys are buttons!

7. myfinefeatheredfriends

myfinefeatheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Ohio
    My guess is that the top is definitely a tux, the second looks like a blue faced and the bottom three look like either blue breasted or red breasted. Adorable and congrats!

8. WalkingNorth

Thank you :) I love them very much lol. They're so active. They're only 5 days old and i can already see little feather pins, I can't believe how fast they're growing up

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by