What colors are these lovely Transylvanian Naked Neck pullets? :)

hipeatall

Songster
10 Years
Mar 2, 2009
I would love some input on the color / pattern names for these 3 sweet Transylvanian Naked Neck pullets.
We had some fun naming them... perhaps a wee bit too much fun
wink.png

Verona is the "brunette", Marishka is the "platinum blonde" and Aleera is the "red head"
24088_nn081010a.jpg
24088_nn081010d.jpg
24088_nn081010e.jpg
24088_nn081010f.jpg

I included a "close-up" of Verona in the last pic so you can see that she has some golden highlights / lacing.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on their colors / patterns... I'm thinking maybe Marishka is a White Columbian, and that Verona and Aleera are Partridges (maybe buff for Aleera... not sure about Marishka)... but I'd love to hear from others with more experience.
Thank you, Amy
smile.png

I call the white color one light columbian.
The buff/gold color one, we somtimes call partridge or brown.
The black one, can't really say, they turned out pretty though.
yippiechickie.gif

Any eggs yet ???

Quote:
No eggs yet... but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they started laying early... they sure are super sweet little gals! You like the names... we named them after Dracula's 3 wives... for fun
smile.png
... we were looking for nice Transylvanian names for them when we ran across these.

lau.gif
That's Super Creative,
Would have never thought of that !
thumbsup.gif

Glad to hear you all are enjoy them.
The Black one does have a dark cornish color sort of
hu.gif

I have one of their brothers thats colored just like a dark cornish roo.

I will or should have some frizzle N-Necks this coming Yr.
fl.gif

The black one with lacing looks like one that my brother got from Ideal. I thought it might have been a sex linked one (if you can do that with Turkens), a red roo over a white or silver hen? Just my thoughts.

here is a bigger copy of that picture of Verona... she is a chocolate brown, pretty dark... but not black.
smile.png

24088_verona081010.jpg

Back
Top Bottom